Saturday 29 December 2012

Player Interview - Without Regrets

 
Hello Guys, so i managed to catch up with one of our top 10 players this evening, thought we could all enjoy some insight into what makes him tick..
 

Without Regrets will be in Yellow and I'll use Blue
 

Hey, how are things going today?

not bad buddy,
 

So we'll start with the obvious questions, How long you have been playing tribal wars? (under this profile)

W19 was my first, was at it for a year or so until i enlisted in army. Only came back in W63

that's cool, traded the in game wars for some real stuff, it makes you one of the old-farts of the game then
 
technically w64 is the 2nd world where I really did focus on so I'm still relatively noobish

with that in mind When you joined this world, did you think that 6 months later you would find yourself this far up the leader boards?

Nope. My record in W19 was rank 21. It would have been a good achievement to reach top 20. From there I just kept climbing up the ranks.
 
Do you play more carefully when you get ahead?

for me I'm the highest I've ever been, and it means i am always watching those around me... 
 
Its more of normal growth. But when you reach a higher rank, you do not want to drop below it and when the guy below gets closer, you tend to speed up as well

So tribe life, do you ever get any special treatment?
being the leader must have it's perks

I was never in a non council position in TW before so i wouldn't really know. But yeah i guess people tend to respect you more, listen to your advices etc. Being high ranked helped as well.
Works for me because when I send out a circ with things to do, people will do it

i have to say, I've not seen you treat this like a dictatorship something i am guilty of doing in the past...
Do you worry about making enemies during the course of a world round?
Can you tolerate playing with or against people you dislike?

if i make enemies so be it. If people cant see this as just a game then they have issues.
I don't mind playing against players i dislike, but I've yet to play with any players i dislike

phew... i haven't annoyed you that much yet... go me...
I've got to ask, Whats the most extreme thing you've done to win a battle? no-sleep, burned 100 nuke's, conned somebody else into attacking first... let's get an example if you can

There are times when I'm playing solo so I will have to wake up in the middle of the night to dodge/tag/send attacks in close range wars. Thankfully I have 2 co players now so its a thing of the past

it's always nice to find co-players you trust

But no, I don't con people in game nor will I spend tons of nukes just to clear a major stack
yup, not easy to find co players esp as a duke. Have to find someone completely trustable.

and finally how do you like to relax after a day of nobling and plundering?

I'll either chill with my girlfriend or just go on random you tube spree


well thanks for joining me this evening, I'll let you get back to the game,

take care and thanks
 
u too

So as you can all see, not so scary, and i have to say actually a nicer person than i thought.
We get allot of different types of people, some where the game is their life, others where it's only just something to keep their minds occupied when working.
I think it's important to remember that even though a player is at the top, it may not be somewhere they always reach, clearly here we have a person who worked hard and began to take a lead in his region.
 
So again Thank-You Without Regrets, it was a pleasure talking with you.